2018 Honda Accord in Meridian, MS
As a car goes from one production year to the next, it's only fair to assume that it will get better with time. Like a fine wine, the Honda Accord has aged very well throughout the past 40-plus years since its debut in 1976. Now, the tenth-generation of the Accord is ready to make its forefathers proud. The 2018 Honda Accord is available now in Meridian, MS, and there's a lot to learn about this all-new sedan.
Completely redesigned for the 2018 production year, there has never been a Honda Accord quite like this one. There are five trim levels—LX, Sport, EX, EX-L and Touring—for the 2018 Honda Accord, as well as two engine options and three available transmissions. Between all of these different ways to build an Accord, there are 12 total configurations of the 2018 model and every single one is sure to satisfy.
The base engine of the 2018 Accord is a 1.5-liter DOHC direct-injected VTEC Turboâ inline 4-cylinder powerhouse that produces 192 horsepower and 192 pound-feet of torque. This beast of a base engine can be commanded by either a continuously variable transmission (CVT)—which is available on all five trim levels—or a six-speed manual transmission (6MT) that is found exclusively on the Sport trim.
Just in case that wasn't enough, Honda has added an alternative engine that is scheduled to arrive at dealerships before 2018. The secondary engine is a responsive 2.0-liter VTEC Turbo® monster that pumps out 252 horsepower and 273 pound-feet of torque and it is available to the Sport, EX-L and Touring trim levels. This engine's rugged power can be tamed by a 10-speed automatic transmission—as is standard on all trim levels—or the optional 6MT on the Sport trim, just like the base engine.
When equipped with the base engine, as estimated by the Environmental Protection Agency, the 2018 Honda Accord earns up to 30 miles per gallon (mpg) in the city and 38 mpg on the highway.*1 The fuel economy ratings do, however, vary significantly from one configuration to the next.*2 At this time, the fuel economy ratings for 2018 Accord models with the 2.0-liter VTEC Turbo® engine have yet to be released, but Meridian Honda will be sure to share those numbers as soon as they have been announced.
Listed below are some key features from each configuration as well as the starting Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for each.*3
- LX / 1.5L Turbo CVT — Standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, a multi-angle rearview camera, push button start and Honda Sensing® driver assistance technology systems. Starting MSRP is $23,570.
- Sport / 1.5L Turbo 6MT — Added features include Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ capability as well as a 12-way power driver seat. Starting MSRP is $25,780.
- Sport / 1.5L Turbo CVT — Features match the Sport / 1.5L Turbo 6MT. Starting MSRP is $25,780.
- EX / 1.5L Turbo CVT — Added features include a one-touch power moonroof, a blind-spot information system, an 8-inch display audio touchscreen and heated front seats. Starting MSRP is $27,470.
- EX-L / 1.5L Turbo CVT — Added features include a 450-watt premium audio system, a leather-trimmed interior and more. Starting MSRP is $29,970.
- EX-L Navi / 1.5L Turbo CVT — Added features include a navigation system. Starting MSRP is $30,970.
- Touring / 1.5L Turbo CVT — Added features include wireless phone charging, an adaptive damper system, a heads-up display and ventilated front seats. Starting MSRP is $33,800.
- Sport / 2.0L Turbo 6MT — Features match the Sport / 1.5L Turbo 6MT. Starting MSRP is $30,310.
- Sport / 2.0L Turbo 10AT— Features match the Sport / 1.5L Turbo 6MT. Starting MSRP is $30,310.
- EX-L / 2.0L Turbo 10AT — Features match the EX-L / 1.5L Turbo CVT. Starting MSRP is $31,970.
- EX-L Navi / 2.0L Turbo 10AT — Features match the EX-L Navi / 1.5L Turbo CVT. Starting MSRP is $32,970.
- Touring / 2.0L Turbo 10AT — Features match the Touring / 1.5L Turbo CVT. Starting MSRP is $35,800.